Red Chilly Powder-1/2tsp
1. Peel skin of potatoes using a peeler and cut into small cubes.
2. Heat oil and add the cubes.
3. Saute on medium flame until the sides start changing colour.
4. Add salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder and red chilly powder.
5. Saute on low flame until the potatoes are done. Test a piece with toothpick.
6. Serve hot along with rice and rasam.
Urulai Kilangu Varuval/ Potato Roast
This is a great side dish for rasam saadam or paruppu saadam. My daughter is a fan of potato roast and I prepare it with out red chilly powder for her. Adding red chilly powder makes it hot and delicious. It is simple to prepare and can also be paired with curd rice or rotis.