1. Sift cocoa and milk powder to get rid of any lumps. This step is a must to get a smooth texture.
2. Add 1/2cup of water to sugar and bring it to one string consistency on low flame.
3. Melt butter. Add the cocoa powder and milk powder to the syrup and mix well. At this stage the powders will not get mixed thoroughly.
4. Add butter and milk to the mixture and mix well. Do every thing on low flame to avoid burning.
5. Line a square tin with aluminium foil.
6. Once every thing comes together, pour it into the prepared tin.
7. Press it with a spoon to get an uniform top. the burfi will be shining when pressed.
8. Place it in refrigerator and let it become firm. It may take an hour to set.
9. Remove the block of burfi along with the foil from the tin.
10. Cut into bite size pieces.
11. Store the burfi a jar and keep it in fridge.
|Sift Milk Powder|
|Bring sugar syrup to one string consistency|
|Mix the other ingredients|
|Pour into the tin and press|
|Cut into bite sized pieces|
|Serve and Enjoy|