This is a recipe from my reader Padma. She has got a lot of traditional recipes from her MIL and she is sharing them with us. She has also sent snaps of the vadas. This is avarekai vada, made with Avarekai/ Mochaikai/ Field Beans and rice flour. Lets take a look at the recipe.
Avarekalu/ Field beans-500gm
Grated Coconut-1 1/2cups
1. Pressure cook field beans until done.
2. Drain water and allow it to cool. Retain water.
3. Grind coconut, red chillies and green chillies to a coarse mixture in a mixer grinder.
4. In a bowl mix rice flour, salt, coconut mix, field beans and salt.
5. Add the fieldbeans water to the flour and prepare a dough of chapathi dough consistency.
6. Make small balls out of the dough.
7. Flatten each ball into a thin disc on a plastic sheet.
8. Heat oil and fry till golden and crisp.
9. Transfer on to a serving plate. These vadas can also be stored in air tight jar.
Linking this to WTML event hosted here.