For today’s evening snack I prepared the famous Sattu Kachori of Bihar. I had sattu at home from the previous preparation. So preparing the kachori was an easy job. I made 18 kachoris from the given recipe and it took only 30minutes to prepare. I saw this recipe at US Masala. After preparing, I distributed it among our neighbours after reserving a few for my hubby and me. He liked it very much and the remaining kachoris were gone in seconds.
Recipe Source: Aipi of US Masala
For The Dough:
Wheat Flour-1 1/2cups
All Purpose Flour/ Maida-1/2cup
For The Filling:
Sattu-1cup (dry roast channa dhal and powder it)
Ginger-a small piece
Green Chilly-2-3(finely chopped)
Oil-For Deep Frying
1. Mix all the ingredients for the dough.
2. Add water to make a firm dough.
3. Cover and keep aside for 30minutes.
4. Heat mustard oil and add nigella seeds.
5. Add onion, green chillies, ginger and garlic and saute till translucent.
6. Add the sattu, salt and mix well.
7. Add the cilantro and transfer to a bowl.
8. Divide the dough into 15-18 equal portions.
9. Shape each portion into a bowl.
10. Place a table spoon of filling and carefully close the sides.
11. Pinch it to close the seam.
12. Press it to a small round thick disc.
13. Heat oil in a pan. The oil should be medium hot for frying the kachoris.
14. Drop a small piece of dough and it should raise slowly to the top.
15. Drop 4-5 kachoris at a time.
16. Fry until golden on both sides.
17. If the oil is very hot, you will not get crispy kachoris.
18. Serve along with green chutney or sweet chutney.
|Divide the dough into equal portions|
|The filling should look like this|
|Press the ball into a bowl|
|Place the filling|
|Carefully bring the sides together|
|Pat into a small thick disc|
|Finish off with the remaining balls|
|Deep fry in batches of 4/5|
|Fry until golden|