For The Dough:
For The Filling:
Ginger-a small piece
Red Chilly Powder-1tsp
Garam Masala Powder-1tsp
For The Tadka:
Curry Leaves-a sprig
1. Soak channa dhal overnight.
2. Mix flour and salt and add water to make a firm dough.
3. Grind channa dhal with the other ingredients into a smooth paste without adding water.
4. Divide the mixture into 8 equal parts.
5. Divide the dough into 8 equal parts.
6. Roll out the dough into a circle large enough to hold the filling.
7. Place the filling in the centre and bring thalf of the circle over the filling and press to seal the edges.
8. Use a fork to make impressions along the sides.
9. Heat water in a large pot.
10. When it starts boiling drop the prepared pitthas into it one by one.
11. Add pitthas according to the size of your pot. Do not over crowd it.
12. Let it boil for 10minutes.
13. Remove from water and place on a plate.
14. Cut the pitthas into pieces of 1″ width.
15. Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard, hing and curry leaves.
16. Add in the cut pitthas and saute for 2minutes or until firm and golden.
17. Serve it hot along with sweet chutney.
|Prepare a firm dough|
|Divide it into 8 equal pieces|
|Divide the ground filling into 8|
|Roll out the dough into a circle and place the filling in the centre|
|Cover and press with fork|
|Finish with the others|
|Boil water and drop the pitthas|
|Remove from water after 10minutes|
|Cut into 1″ wide pieces|
|Saute with the tadka ingredients|