It is raining heavily and the climate is very cold. I was having sore throat and feeling very bad yesterday morning. A warm comforting soup can do magic for my throat. I had carrots, so prepared this very easy soup with herbed croutons. I felt relieved after consuming this hot soup.
For The Soup:
Pepper and Cumin Powder
For The Herbed Crouton:
1. Heat oil and and saute garlic and onions till golden.
2. Add cubed carrots and saute for 2 minutes.
3. Add 1cup of water, fennel powder and salt to taste.
4. Pressure cook for 2 minutes.
5. Release pressure and allow it to cool.
6. Strain through a metal sieve and reserve the stock.
7. Grind the carrots into a smooth paste.
8. Add the paste to the stock and add more water to bring the soup to required consistency.
9. Bring the soup to boil. Add pepper and cumin powder.
10. After 1minute, switch off stove and transfer the soup to a serving bowl.
11. Preheat oven to 200C.
12. Mix olive oil and crushed oregano. Apply this on the rusks on both sides.
13. Bake till golden brown.
14. Serve it along with hot soup.
Sending this to Srivalli’s Soups and Salads Mela