Palak / Spinach-1bunch
1. Cook bananas and potato. Peel skin and mash them together.
2. Dry roast 1/4cup of oat bran until golden .
3. Add 3tbs of water to spinach and cover and cook for a minute on low flame.
4. Filter out any remaining water and grind to a fine paste along with green chillies.
5. Add this puree to the mashed banana. Add roasted oat bran and knead it to a stiff dough.
6. If the dough is loose add more roasted oat bran. Cover and keep it aside for 15minutes.
7. Divide the dough into 6equal portions and shape them into cutlets.
8. Roll the cutlets in the remaining oat bran.
9. Preheat oven to 200C.
10. Grease a baking tray with a tsp of oil and arrange the cutlets.
11. Drizzle some oil on top of the cutlets and bake for 10minutes.
12. Flip the cutlets and bake for another 10minutes.
13. Serve hot along with tomato ketchup or chutney of your choice.
Palak Oat Bran Cutlets
For an evening I wanted to prepare a cutlet which was nutritious and tasty. I had a bunch of palak in my fridge. The idea for this combination suddenly crossed my mind. This was very easy to prepare and delicious. We enjoyed it with tomato ketchup. I am sending this to HCC-Healthy Bakes hosted by Priya and started by Smitha.