Today is the fourth day of Blogging Marathon and I am posting under Regional Specials Theme. This is a very simple and delicious pulao. This goes very well with Sai Bhaji. The ingredient list is also very small. We thoroughly enjoyed it. The actual recipe suggested adding red chilly powder. But as I prepared it for my daughter, I avoided it.
You can check the posts of bloggers who are running along with me here.
Recipe adapted from Sindhi Rasoi
1. Wash and soak rice for 15 minutes.
2. Drain the water and keep it aside.
3. Heat oil and ghee in a pan. Add the spices. When they splutter add finely chopped onion and green chillies.
4. When they are brown add peas and turmeric powder.
5. Saute for 30 seconds.
6. Add the rice and saute for a minute on medium flame.
7. Add water and salt.
8. Let the water come to boil. when the rice is 90% done, cover the pan with aluminium foil.
9. Heat an iron tawa and place the pan on it.
10. Reduce flame to low and let it cook for 10minutes. This makes the pulao delicious without making it mushy.
11. Serve hot with Sai Bhaji.