This month’s challenge at The Daring Cook’s is Potato Salad from around the world. Jami Sorrento a non blogging member of Daring Kitchen challenged us this month. She gave recipes of four salads and asked us to prepare a version of our own. I have never prepared potato salad before. So I browsed through the net for recipes. There are so many recipes, I was so confused. Then I came up with a recipe of my own. I prepared the salad with the ingredients available in my kitchen. My hubby usually doesn’t eat potatoes. I thought, I have to finish the plate. But to my utter surprise, when I was having this for breakfast, even he tasted it and finished half the plate. I was so happy. It was so filling.
- Pressure cook potatoes for 5 whistles.
- Peel skin and cut to bite sized pieces.
- Mix olive oil, salt(for the potatoes), red chilly flakes and crushed oregano.
- Mix the dressing with potatoes.
- Mix curd, salt and sugar.
- On a serving plate arrange the potatoes.
- Pour the curd mixture on the potatoes.
- Garnish with grated carrot and dill.
- Arrange the slice carrot on the sides and serve immediately.
|Mix the olive oil dressing to potato pieces|
|Arrange on a serving plate|
|Top with curd mixture and garnish with carrot and dill|