Broken Wheat/Godhumai Ravai-1cup
Curry Leaves-a sprig
1. Roast broken wheat until it changes colour. Keep it aside.
2. In a pan, heat 1tbs oil and add channa dhal.
3. When it is golden in colour, splutter mustard, urad dhal and curry leaves.
4. Add chopped onion and green chillies.
5. When onion changes colour, add water and salt.
6. When water starts boiling, add roasted wheat and let it cook on medium flame.
7. When the water is totally used up, switch off flame and add coconut and give a nice stir.
8. Allow the mixture to cool.
9. Grease a mini idli plate.
10. Take small amount of cooked wheat and shape it into a small ball.
11. Place it in the idli plate.
12. Steam cook the kozhukkattai for 10 minutes.
13. They may seem so brittle when hot. Just allow it to cool. It will firm up.
14. Serve it and enjoy.
P.S: You can also use ordinary rava/sooji to prepare this kozhukkattai.
Godhumai Ravai Kozhukkattai(Broken Wheat Steamed Dumplings)
Today I prepared this nutritious kozhukkattai for evening snacks along with sweet aval. It was a filling tiffin and we enjoyed it a lot. The preparation is very easy. Hope you enjoy it too. Sending this to CWS-Wheat by Suma and started by Priya, Kids Delight hosted by Priya Mahadevan and started by Srivalli