Nowadays I have started using oats in my recipes. I am somewhat afraid of the regular oats porridge. So I just wanted to try out a different version. This was a filling breakfast. We enjoyed it a lot. Sending this to CWF-Oats hosted by Priya and started by Kiran.
I am running a blogging marathon along with some of by friends for 15 days.Check out my Blogging Marathon buddies in action! Srivalli, Priya Suresh, Jay, Monika, PJ, Priya Vaasu, Azeema, Reva, Ayeesha, Usha, Veena & Soumya.
- Heat oil and add onion and sauté till translucent.
- Add green chillies, carrot, cabbage, beans and peas.
- Saute on low flame until tender.
- Add water and salt.
- When water starts boiling, add oats and switch flame to medium.
- When oats is fully cooked, and water is fully absorbed, add milk.
- When it starts boiling switch off stove.
- Add pepper powder if needed.
- Serve hot.