Hi! Nice to blog after two days. I am very tired but couldn’t resist blogging. Kaarthigai Deepam was wonderful and the girivalam was nice. The only problem was my daughter who didn’t walk. We had to carry her for the whole 14 kilometres. That was very tiring. But when I saw the deepam lit all my tiredness was gone. When I returned to my home my legs started aching and I am tired again. Now we shall go to the recipe.
This is a simple yet delicious side dish which goes well with sambar, rasam, paruppu etc. It is one of my favourite side dishes.
Mustard and urad dhal-1tsp
- Boil water and add the whole plantains/ vazhakkai.
- Simmer and cook till done.
- Allow it to cool and remove skin.
- Grate the cooked plantain.
- Heat oil and splutter mustard, urad dhal and curry leaves.
- Add chopped onions and green chillies and sauté till golden brown.
- Add grated plantain and salt. Mix well.
- Switch off stove and add coconut. Mix well and transfer to a serving dish.