This is a very easy rice which can be prepared in minutes. Yesterday I was feeling lazy and wanted to make something simple. I saw the recipe in The Hindu and remembered it. I had chammanthi podi prepared earlier , so just used it. It was nice. A perfect saadam for lunch box. As I have posted about chammanthi podi, I am just giving a link for the preparation. I am leaving for Thiruvannamalai to see Deepam. So taking a short break from blogging. See you all on Monday. Bye.
Cooked Rice-1 ½ cups
Mustard and urad dhal-1tsp
Curry Leaves-1 sprig
- Heat oil and add channa dhal. Roast until golden brown.
- Add mustard and urad dhal to splutter.
- Add red chilly and curry leaves.
- Switch off flame and add the chammanthi powder.
- Mix well and add to the cooked rice.
- Mix it slowly without breaking the rice.
- Serve with coconut chutney and papad.