For this week’s Fondbite Bake Along #30, Subhashini’s choice was these Best Vanilla Cupcakes Ever. Every week Subhashini gives the members a recipe to try out with various options for flavours. For this week, this recipe for vanilla cupcake is from Divya’s blog. I usually use my eggless vanilla cake recipe for my cupcakes too. This recipe uses eggs. And as I needed a good recipe for vanilla cupcakes with eggs, I tried the recipe exactly. They turned out so soft and moist. The recipe yields regular sized 18 cupcakes. I gave one of an unfrosted cupcake to hubby and he was quite happy with the result. As I don’t taste it because of the eggs, I have to rely on hubby’s reaction. they surely look so nice..
For the frosting I used white chocolate buttercream. I read in a book that combining butter cream and chocolate ganache will give a nice delicious chocolate butter cream. I made white chocolate ganache two days before. The ganache was slightly thinner and I couldn’t use it to frost a cake. It can only be used as glaze. I also had buttercream from a previous project. So I just added 1/4 cup of ganache to 1 cup of buttercream and the final butter cream was extremely delicious. Usually butter cream tastes only of butter and sugar but this had the flavour of white chocolate and was so creamy. I just used a spatula to spread the butter cream on cupcakes and sprinkled with some edible silver beads.
Recipe Source : Divya
Makes 18 Cupcakes
Caster Sugar-1 1/4 cups
Vanilla Essence-2 tsp
Flour/ Maida-2 cups
Baking Powder-2 tsp
Frosting of Your Choice
Edible Beads For Decoration
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. In a bowl cream together butter, vanilla and sugar.
3. In another bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
4. Add one egg at a time to the butter mixture and beat until creamy.
5. Now add 1/3 of the flour and mix with a spatula.
6. Add 1/2 the milk and fold.
7. Repeat it again and finish it off with the remaining flour.
8. Line a muffin tray with cupcake liners and fill each liner to 2/3rd with the batter. Use an icecream scoop to make it easier.
9. Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
10. Allow it to cool down completely.
11. Frost the cupcakes with the frosting of your choice.
12. Decorate it with edible beads and serve.
Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla.
Add one egg at a time.
Beat until creamy.
Add Flour and milk alternately and fold it with a spatula.
Fill cupcake liners to 2/3rd.
Remove from oven once done. Cool on wire rack.
They are so soft and didn’t stick much to the liner.
The texture was awesome.
Frost the cupcakes with frosting and decorate with silver beads.