Sooji/ Semolina-1/4 cup
Pepper Powder- to taste
Cumin Powder-1/4 tsp
Coriander Leaves-3 tbs
Black sesame Seeds-1 tsp
1. Mix sooji, curd, grated carrot, salt, pepper and cumin powder along with finely chopped coriander leaves.
2. Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
3. Slice the baguette into 1/2″ thin slices.
4. Butter one side of the slice and place the buttered side on the baking tray.
5. Preheat oven to 175C.
6. Apply a layer of the semolina mixture on each slice. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
7. Bake until the slices start browning.
8. Serve them hot along with ketchup.
For the final day of Blogging Marathon #30, under the theme savoury bakes I made these crispy Sooji toasts for our evening snacks. The sooji/ semolina is mixed with curd and spices, applied on baguette slices and baked until crisp. The curd gives a nice tang to the toast. I made these toasts with the last baguette I had in fridge. You can also use the normal bread slices to prepare these delicious toasts. Only the baking time will be less.
Mix semolina with other ingredients.
Slice the baguette, apply butter to one side and arrange on a tray.
Apply a layer of the semolina mixture on all slices.
Bake until golden. Serve hot…