For the second day of Blogging Marathon #30, final week, under the theme Savoury Bakes, I made this delicious and simple garlic bread. As mentioned earlier, I had a loaf of French Baguette with which I made this snack. I alo made a creamy pumpkin soup to go with the bread. Only I relished the soup while PK and Sruti devoured the bread slices. For this the baguette must be sliced into 1/2″ thin slices. A butter mixture is made with mint, salt and garlic. Then after applying the butter, the slices are baked until crisp. The whole house was aromatic when the slices were in the oven. I made it with out green chillies as I wanted Sruti to eat it. If you like it hot then add 1/2 tsp of green chilly paste to the butter. Instead of mint you can add any herb of your choice.
French Baguette-1 loaf
Dried Mint-1 tsp
Green Chilly Paste-1/2 tsp (optional)
1. Slice the baguette into 1/2″ thin slices.
2. Preheat oven to 175C.
3. In a bowl mix together butter, mint, grated garlic and salt. If adding green chilly paste, add it to the butter along with the other ingredients.
4. Apply this butter on the slices evenly.
5. Arrange on a greased baking tray.
6. Bake until slightly brown.
7. If you want nice crunchy slices, then bake it a little more.
8. Enjoy with a bowl of soup.