Yesterday I completed Sai Pooja which was going on for a week and for the prasad I made this rich and creamy halwa. I wanted to make it in peda shape so had to refrigerate before separating the slices. But you can also scoop and serve it in a bowl topped with some nuts. I have just used saffron strands for garnish. The pedas were so nice. The taste of corn is supressed by the khova and condensed milk. Nice way to sneak it in for my daughter. It is better to first reduce milk to a thick khova instead of adding the corn at the beginning itself. I actually reduced the milk by half before adding corn but even then it spluttered a lot. So prepare thick khova and then add corn to make it easy.
Condensed Milk-200 gm/ 1/2 tin
Saffron Strands- a pinch
Cardamom Powder-1 tsp
1. Remove the corn kernels from the cob with a sharp knife.
2. Grind it to a smooth paste along with a little water.
3. Heat milk along with a little saffron and reduce it to a thick khova stage.
4. Add ground corn, cardamom powder and condensed milk and mix well.
5. In a separate pan heat ghee and add this mixture.
6. Keep on cooking on medium flame until the mixture leaves the sides.
7. Transfer to a greased plate. Allow it to cool completely.
8. Cut into square pieces.
9. Refrigerate for about 1 hour before removing the slices.
10. Serve chilled.
11. Alternately you can scoop the halwa and serve it in a bowl after topping it with nuts.
Remove the kernels from cob.
Grind to a smooth puree.
Reduce milk along with saffron. Add the pureed corn, condensed milk and cardamom powder.
Heat ghee and add the corn mixture. Stir until it leaves the sides.
Pour on a greased plate.
Level the top with a greased flat bowl.
Cut into small squares.
Refrigerate and serve!!