Recipe Source: Assamese Recipes
Makes 12 Mohura Pithas
Rice Flour-1 cup
Warm Water-1 cup + 2-3 tbs
Grated Coconut-2/3 cup
Sugar-1/4 cup or according to your taste
Cardamom Powder-1/4 tsp
1. Mix coconut, sugar and cardamom powder in a bowl and keep it aside.
2. In a bowl add rice flour and warm water and make a soft and pliable dough.
3. Divide it into 12 equal portions and roll each into a ball.
4. Keep it covered while shaping a pitha.
5. Take a ball and gently press it and shape it into a bowl.
6. Take a tsp of filling and keep it inside the bowl.
7. Make a half circle by pressing the sides of the circle together.
8. Shape it into a spindle.
9. Shape the remaining dough into pithas.
10. In a pot boil water.
11. Add the prepared pithas and let them cook for 10 minutes.
12. Remove the pithas from water with a slotted ladle and place it on a plate.
13. Serve when still warm.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#25