Crumbled Paneer-2 cups
Capsicum-1 (cut into small cubes)
Jeera or cumin seeds-1 tsp
Red Chilly Powder-1/2 tsp
Oil-2 tsp ( if using a regular pan then add 1 tbs)
Garam Masala-1/4 tsp
Coriander Leaves-2 tbs
1. Heat oil and add cumin seeds.
2. When theu crackle add the capsicum pieces and saute for a minute.
3. Add the crumbled paneer and saute on low flame.
4. At first paneer may look mushy but when it starts cooking you will end up with tiny pieces of paneer.
5. When the paneer is completely cooked add salt, garam masala and red chilly powder.
6. Cook for one more minute.
7. Add coriander leaves, mix and remove from flame.
8. Serve it hot along with roti or rice.
This is a simple paneer dish which tastes great with either rotis or with rice. I didn’t expect hubby to say that it is delicious but in fact he loved it and asked for another helping. This also can be used as a filling for samosas or stuffed parathas. You can also spread it on toasted bread slices and enjoy it for your evening snack. Or make a sandwich with two slices of toasted bread with this as the filling. What ever role this paneer burji takes it is sure to tickle your taste buds. I prepared it in a non stick pan and so the oil I used is less. If you are using a regular pan then use more oil because the paneer sticks a lot. I highly recommend you prepare this in a non stick pan.