Saffron-a few strands
Cinnamon-a small piece
Kashmiri Red Chilly Powder-2 tsp
Garam Masala-1/2 tsp
Kasoori Methi Leaves-2 tbs
Coriander Leaves-3 tbs
Butter-1 tbs for garnish
1. Soak cashew along with saffron and milk for 10 minutes.
2. Grind to a thick paste adding more milk if necessary.
3. In a pan heat 1 tbs of ghee.
4. Add cloves, cinnamon and cardamom.
5. Add onions and saute until golden.
6. Add tomatoes and kasoori methi.
7. When tomatoes are cooked add chilly powder and garam masal and mix well.
8. Transfer the mixture to a mixer jar.
9. Grind it to a smooth paste.
10. Heat the remaining ghee and add washed and sliced mushrooms along with salt.
11. Saute on medium flame until it is completely cooked and dry.
12. Add the ground paste and enough water to make the gravy of desired consistency. Keep the gravy little thin because when you add the cashew paste, it will thicken.
13. When the gravy comes to boil, add the cashew paste and let it boil for a few more minutes.
14. Add the coriander leaves, mix and remove from flame.
15. Transfer the gravy to a serving dish, place a table spoon of butter on top and serve hot.
Mushroom Butter Masala