I have already posted a version of Paneer Butter Masala but this is a richer version. This contains fried onion paste which gives it the lovely sweet flavour. I usually don’t add sugar to my gravies. But when we usually taste restaurant gravies there is a slight sweetness in them which actually enhances the taste. So I tried adding sugar in this gravy and out come was very delicious. This was prepared long time back. I served it with palak roti. The best combination would be Naan or Kulcha.
Paneer-200gm (cut into ½”cubes)
Kashmiri Red Chilly Powder-2tsp
Fried Onion Paste-1/2cup
- Heat butter and add finely chopped onion, garlic and ginger.
- Saute until the onions are golden.
- Add tomato puree, chilly powder, fennel powder, garam masala, salt and turmeric powder.
- Cook until the oil separates.
- Add the fried onion paste, sugar, milk and bring it to boil.
- Add the cubed paneer and cook until the gravy is of correct consistency.
- Add the coriander leaves, give a nice stir and remove from flame.
- Serve hot with roti, naan or paratha.