The next kozhukkattai for this Blogging Marathon is a savoury kozhukkattai. When ever mom prepares poornam kozhukkattai, she prepares this with the excess dough. It is my most favourite snack during Ganesh Chaturti. The dough is divides and rolled into tiny balls and steam cooked. Then it is tempered with spiced for a delicious evening snack. The rice flour is the kozhukkaattai maavu mentioned earlier. For the method of preparation please visit my other blog – How to prepare Puttu/ Kozhukkattai Maavu.
1. Bring water to boil in a pan.
2. Add salt and oil.
3. Add the rice flour and mix vigorously with the back of a ladle so that the flour mixes uniformly with out any lumps.
4. Remove from flame and allow the dough to come to warm state.
5. Dip your palm in cold water and knead the dough.
6. Pinch small portions and roll into tiny balls.
7. Steam cook the kozhukkattai until shiny and firm to touch.
8. Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard, urad dhal, chopped green chillies and hing.
9. Check the kozhukkattai for salt.
10. Add the kozhukkattais into the pan and sprinkle salt if needed.
11. Give a nice stir, remove from flame and add the coconut.
12. Serve hot.
You can view all the recipes from other bloggers taking part in BM here