Cauliflower-1(cut into small florets)
Besan/ Chickpea Flour-1cup
Red Chilly Powder-1tsp(if making for kids, avoid this)
Food Colour (optional)-I usually avoid this, but if you want bright coloured roasts, then add a little.
Oil-For Deep Frying
1. Mix besan, rice flour, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, onion flakes and red chilly powder. If using food colour, add it now.
2. Add enough water to make a thick batter.
3. Heat oil in a pan.
4. Dip the florets in batter and drop them into hot oil.
5. Fry on medium flame until golden.
6. Drain oil and serve hot along with lemon wedges and onion rings.
Cauliflower roast is a famous street food. Where ever you go there is a stall selling this famous roasts. The taste may vary from shop to shop but the craze for this dish remains the same every where. I prepare this with bajji batter and it is my daughter’s favourite roast. Though she dislikes cauliflower, she would gobble it up when given in roast form. So I prepare it often for her. I will mix the batter and keep it refrigerated. When I prepare a dish with cauliflower, I take two or three florets aside and using the batter I will prepare roasts for my daughter. I love to see her expression when I serve these roasts.