For the final day of week long Blogging Marathon#10, I decided to convert a deep fried recipe to a baked one using very little oil to make it a guilt free snack. I have already posted the recipe for Nei kadalai. This recipe is the baked version of the original recipe. IT was so crunchy and delicious and I didn’t miss the fried version at all. This is a completely guilt free snack perfect with a cup of coffee.
Black Pepper Powder-To taste
1. Wash and soak channa dhal for 2hours.
2. Drain water and spread it out on a kitchen towel to absorb the moisture.
3. When dry, transfer to a bowl, drizzle oil and sprinkle salt and pepper. Mix well.
4. Line a baking tray with foil. Spread the prepared channa dhal on the foil.
5. Preheat oven to 200C.
6. Bake the dhal until golden brown. It may take around 10-12minutes. Keep a watch on the oven so that you don’t burn the dhal.
7. When it comes out of oven it may look soft but after cooling it will become crunchy.
8. Serve along with a cup of coffee.