Baby Corn- 4
Tomato-3 or 4
Red Chilly Powder-1 1/2tsp
Cinnamon-a small piece
1. Heat 1 tbs oil and add slit green chillies and sliced garlic pods. When they are golden add chopped onions.
2. When the onions caramelize add tomatoes and saute on medium flame.
3. Cover and cook till the tomatoes loose all the water.
4. Grind this mixture to a fine paste.
5. Heat 1 tbs oil and cinnamon, cardamom, star anise, cloves and fennel seeds.
6. When they splutter add sliced mushrooms. Saute till all the water content is evaporated.
7. Add sliced baby corn and saute on low flame until it changes colour.
8. Add the paste, red chilly powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, salt and turmeric powder.
9. Add 1/4cup of water and mix it well.
10. Bring it to a boil.
11. Cover and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
12. Add chopped cilantro and transfer to a serving bowl.
13. Serve with roti of your choice.
Mushroom ‘n’ Baby Corn Masala
I had some mushrooms and baby corn sitting in my fridge for long. Today I made a gravy using both to go with oats roti. We had a filling breakfast. This makes a great dish for all types of flatbreads.