1. Soak chole for 8hours.
2. Preheat oven to 175C.
3. Grind it to a coarse paste adding very little water.
4. Take it to a bowl and mix in finely chopped onion, green chillies, salt, dill, fried gram, oats, fennel powder and cinnamon.
5. Divide into 6 equal portions.
6. Flatten each portion into a cutlet.
7. Arrange on a greased baking tray.
8. Drizzle little oil on top of all cutlets.
9.Bake for 10 minutes.
10. Flip all the cutlets and bake for another 10 minutes.
11. Flip it twice at 5 minutes interval and remove from oven.
12. Serve it hot with tomato sauce or mint chutney.
Baked Chole Cutlets
For the fifth day of the Blogging Marathon, I prepared these chole cutlets. The final taste was like masala vada but this uses minimum of oil and has oats in it. It is a completely healthy and guilt free snack to have along with your evening coffee. Hubby had it with tomato sauce and we just loved it.