Ladies Finger/ Okra/ Vendaikkai-1cup
Red Chilly Powder-1 tsp
1. Heat 1 tbs oil and add the okra pieces.
2. Stir on medium flame till it is cooked.
3. Keep it aside.
4. Heat another tbs of oil in a separate pan and splutter cumin seeds.
5. Add the bottle gourd pieces and cook on medium flame. Stir it often to avoid burning.
6. When done, add the cooked okra, salt, turmeric powder, chilly powder and coriander powder.
7. Give it a nice stir and reduce flame to low and cook for 2 more minutes.
8. Serve hot as a side dish.
Suraikkai(Bottle Gourd) and Vendaikkai(Okra) Poriyal
This is again an experiment. I have not tried this combination. As Harini and Jaya asked us to use okra and bottle gourd in the menu, I thought of preparing this simple poriyal for side dish. This combination was nice and tasty. It went well with the Palak sambar and rice.