I am a great fan of Nigella. When ever I feel dull, I watch Nigella’s cooking shows. It is really soothing. I love the way she talks and cooks. This is one of her recipes. I am always tempted to try these rolls but actually didn’t try because of beer used in this recipe. Nigella describes beer as the secret ingredient for this rolls. But I could never use it. So one day I searched the web for any substitutes. In one site, they asked to use sprite. I had a bottle of 7 Up. So I just used it instead of beer. The rolls came out so soft and spongy. They tasted great. I should thank Nigella for this wonderful recipe.
1. In a bowl add wheat flour, oats, salt and baking soda.
2. Add 2tbs olive oil and then with the same spoon add 2tbs honey.
3. As you have measured oil using this spoon, honey will not stick to the spoon. Nigella gave this tip.
4. In a cup add sprite and butter milk and mix well.
5. Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix with the help of a spoon.
6. Cover and keep it aside for 10minutes.
7. The dough is sticky. So apply little oil in your palms before handling the dough.
8. Divide dough into 8 equal parts.
9. Roll each portion into a ball and slightly flatten it.
10. Place it on a greased baking tray.
11. After finished rolling the portions, sprinkle some oats on top of each roll.
12. Preheat oven to 180C.
13. Bake the rolls for 20 minutes.
14. Serve them warm.