This is an yummy pulao. I felt very lazy and so wanted to prepare a one pot meal. I had some mushrooms and carrot greens. So I tried out this simple pulao and had it with onion raitha. It was so tasty. Hope you enjoy.
Carrot-1 medium sized
Basmati Rice-1 ½ cups
Cinnamon-1 small stick
Ginger-a small piece
- Grind ginger, garlic, green chillies and 2tbs carrot green to a coarse paste without adding water.
- Wash and soak rice for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1tbs oil, add shah jeera, cloves, bay leaf and cinnamon. When splutters add onion.
- Saute till golden brown. Mix the ginger garlic paste.
- Saute till the raw smell vanishes.
- Add the carrot, tomato and mushroom and stir well. Add salt for the veggies.
- Mushroom leaves some water when salt is added.
- Cook on low flame till the veggies are tender.
- Add 4 ½ cups water and salt for the rice. Bring this to a boil.
- Add the soaked rice.
- Cook on medium flame. Stir in between.
- When the rice is 90% done add 1tbs ghee, mix well and close the lid of the pan. Cook for 3 minutes on low flame.
- Stir to avoid burning of rice. When the rice becomes dry switch off flame and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with raitha of your choice.