This is an yummy snack. My daughter loves it. The preparation is also very easy. This is also used in chats. While adding water while preparing the dough, be careful. Besan absorbs very little water. If it is hard to press, then add a little water to make a softer dough.
Oil- to deep fry
- Mix besan and salt. Add water and prepare a firm dough.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Using a sev press, press the dough into hot oil to form a spiral.
- Remove the sev from oil when fully cooked and crispy.
- Keep it on a strainer till it cools down.
- Break the sev into small pieces.
- Omapodi is ready.
Use murukku press with a plate with tiny holes
Fill the murukku press and press out sev directly into hot oil
Remove from oil when done.