This is a very simple recipe but very tasty. I have added a tutorial on how to cut vazhaithandu for newbies.
- Cut vazhaithandu into small pieces.
- Pressure cook dhal and vazhaithandu for 5minutes.
- Filter water in a strainer.
- Heat oil and splutter mustard, urad dhal and curry leaves.
- Add onion and green chillies and sauté till golden brown.
- Now add the cooked veggie,salt and cook till the mixture is dry without water.
- Switch off flame and add coconut, mix well and serve.
|Remove the outer skin and slice it to round pieces. Remove fiber when slicing and add water|
|Cut the slices to small pieces. Add curd to water to avoid blackening|
|With a rod (sinukkari) swirl it in one direction|
|When you remove rod you can see the fibers being removed. Continue till the veggie is fiber free|
|Cook and strain. Prepare as per directions|
|Ready to serve|