This is a very easy coloured rice which is also very healthy. It goes well with any raitha and papad. This takes less amount of time for preparation and it can also be used as lunch box meal for your kids. My daughter liked it because of the lovely colour.
Red bell pepper-1/2
Ginger Garlic paste-2tsp
Green chilly-2 or 3 (according to your taste)
1. Grind green chillies along with ginger and garlic.
2. Heat 1tbs oil and splutter cumin seeds.
3. Saute onion till golden brown. Add the ginger, garlic and green chilly paste and saute till the raw smell is gone.
4. Add tomatoes and saute till it is cooked.
5. Add finely chopped carrot and Bell pepper and Stir.
6. Add turmeric, salt and cook the veggies till they are tender.
7. Add 3cups of water and bring it to boil.
8. Add the rice and let it cook on low flame.
9. When the rice is cooked add a tsp ghee on top of rice, mix well and switch off flame.
10. Serve hot with a raitha of your choice.