I usually use butter or jam as the spread for my toasts. When I selected the theme Spreads for the Blogging Marathon Week 2, I went through so many recipes in the blogosphere. Only then I got an idea of how inventive we can become in preparing a spread. For the first day I made a savoury pumpkin spread to go with my toast. I toasted the bread slices in oven to golden brown after slathering it with unsalted butter. Then I enjoyed it with the wonderful spread with a cup of coffee. It was absolutely delicious. I am also linking this to Magic Mingle #9 as the core ingredients are the magic ingredients Kalyani selected.
Pumpkin-1cup ( peeled, cooked and mashed)
1. Heat oil and add the green chillies. Saute for 30seconds.
2. Add the coriander leaves and pumpkin. Saute until the pumpkin lets out oil.
3. Add salt and give a nice stir.
4. Remove from heat. Take the mixture in a jar and add curd.
5. Grind it to a coarse paste.
6. Transfer to a bowl.
7. Serve it along with toasted bread slices.