I usually pressure cook sweet potata or cheenikilangu and serve it as evening snack. But after seeing many savoury recipes with sweet potato, I tried this version of roast. I made it like yam roast and it was delicious. It went well with rasam and rice combination. the skin is very hard and you need a sharp knife to peel it off. Be careful while removing. I pan roasted them. You can also bake these with less oil. The recipe is very simple and serve it when hot.
Sweet Potato/ Cheenikilangu-2
Red Chilly Powder-1tsp
1. Remove the skin of seet potato with a sharp knife.
2. Cut it into thin slices.
3. Mix all the other ingredients in a separate bowl.
4. Add the sweet potato slices and mix to coat.
5. Keep it aside for 10minutes.
6. In a non stick pan, place all the slices and cook until all the pieces are golden on both sides.
7. Transfer to a serving dish and serve immediately.