Mixture is a snack which consists of a mixture of two or more crispy ingredients. Usually mixture has deep fried ingredients. I tried to cut down oil and make it nutritious. I prepared this delicious mixture today. All the ingredients are roasted with a little oil(except the corn flakes). As pumpkin seeds are so nutritious, you can relish this mixture without guilt. I am sending this to CWS-Pumpkin Seeds started by Priya and guest hosted here this month.
Rice Flakes / Aval-50gm
Refined oil-for deep frying corn flakes
Red Chilly Powder-1/4tsp
1. In a pan add pumpkin seeds and 1/2tsp olive oil.
2. Roast the seeds on medium flame until it starts to puff up and pop.
3. Transfer it to a wide bowl.
4. Add rice flakes and 1/4tsp olive oil and roast it till it puffs up.
5. Add it to the roasted pumpkin seeds.
6. Add 1/4tsp olive oil and peanuts and roast them till golden brown.
7. Add this to the bowl.
8. Heat oil and fry corn flakes(not the branded variety) till golden in colour.
9. Add this to the bowl.
10. Add salt, red chilly powder and dill and mix well.
11. Enjoy with a cup of coffee.
|This is how I get the pumpkin seeds. The outer husk is removed and packed.|
|A closer look at the mixture|
Please don’t forget to send in your innovative entries to the event.