1. Remove skin and mash banana with a fork. Beat butter and banana until creamy.
2. Add baking powder, baking soda, milk and sugar to banana. You will get a fluffy mixture.
3. Add vanilla essence and mix well.
4. Preheat oven to 175C. Line the muffin tray with paper liners or grease them with butter and dust with flour.
5. Add the flour to the mixture and gently mix.
6. Divide the batter among the 12 liners.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the top is golden and a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
8. Cool on wire rack and serve.