1. In a sauce pan mix together butter, milk, sugar and salt.
2. Heat on low flame until butter melts.
3. Set aside and let it come to luke warm temperature.
4. Mix together milk and vinegar in a bowl and let it stand for 5 minutes. The milk will curdle.
5. In a bowl, mix together warm water and yeast.
6. Add the luke warm milk mixture and milk vinegar mixture.
7. Add half a cup of flour and beat until combined.
8. Add in another 1/2 cup of lflour, cardamom powder and beat until combined.
9. Add raisins and orange peel.
10. Mix well.
11. Add another cup of flour and mix to incorporate.
12. If the dough is still soft, then add the remaining 1/2 cup of flour and knead until incorporated.
13. Take the dough on the counter, cover with a towel and let it sit for 10 minutes.
14. Now knead the dough for 8-10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
15. Place it in a oiled bowl and rotate the dough so that it is completely coated with oil.
16. Cover and allow it to double. This process takes nearly 2 hours.
17. Now knead it again for two minutes.
18. Grease a baking tray. Shape the dough into a round loaf and place it on the tray.
19. Cover and set it aside for 1 1/2 hours.
20. Preheat oven to 175C. Aplly milk on the loaf with a pastry brush.
21. Bake the loaf for 20 minutes.
22. Cover it with foil and bake for another 20 minutes.
23. Remove from oven and allow it to cool on a wire rack.
24. Slice it up and enjoy!!