Pizza Pull Apart Bread Recipe is an easy to make gorgeous bread made with leftover pizza dough, sauce and cheese and tastes amazing.
I posted a tandoori paneer pizza recipe recently and after that day, I had the sauce and cheese mix. So I made another batch of pizza dough and used it to make this pull apart bread. I made the dough the previous day and let it prove in fridge overnight.
The next morning, I took it out and then made the bread and served it for our breakfast. You can check it out from my photos, the early morning sun made it impossible for me to take a decent snap and hubby was also hovering near the work table for a piece and so I had t rush everything. But however the photo might be, the bread was just wonderful and we had a quite filling breakfast.
Pizza Pull Apart Bread Recipe – Gluten Network of the dough
When I took the bread dough out of fridge, I also managed to take a photo of the gluten network and it was just amazing. Using bread flour gives good strength to the dough and it in turn makes some strong gluten strands. Which reflects in the softness and lightness of the final bread. So if you have not yet tried to use bread flour, Try it out. There are various bread flours available in the market. Try Vivaan from Amazon. It is inexpensive and also highly effective. It is the best bread flour to try as a beginner.
My pull apart bread is quite simple, both in shaping and filling. I used only the sauce and cheese. But if you want to make it elaborate and full of flavours, try adding bits of olive, mushroom and meat or paneer in between layers. You can also go for intricate shaping too. I was rushing everything as I had to serve it for breakfast, but with some planning, you can do a better job than mine.
I also tried a short video of me assembling, shaping and baking the bread. Though it doesn’t have the recipe details, watch it to see how I shaped the bread. It will be easier to understand than reading about it. Also follow me on Instagram to know all about my bakes.
This is my pizza which I made earlier. It also has so many tips and tricks to get that perfect pizza. If interested, click on the image to read the recipe.
Pizza Pull Apart Bread Recipe
For the Pizza Dough:
- 300 gm Bread flour
- 1 tsp Instant Yeast
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- Water as needed
For the Tomato Sauce:
- 500 gm Tomato
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbs Vinegar
- 2 pods Garlic chopped
- 1/2 tbs Dried Basil
- 1/2 tbs Dried Oregano – ½ tbs
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
Making the Dough:
- In a bowl, combine together, bread flour, salt and yeast.
- Add enough water to make slightly sticky dough.
- Add oil and knead everything together.
- Cover with cling film and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Knead the dough for one minutes, cover and rest for thirty minutes.
- Repeat this two more times.
- After the third kneading, you can allow it to prove at room temperature for an hour before making pizza. Or you can place it in an airtight box and refrigerate for one or two days.
- Bring it to room temperature before baking.
Making the Sauce:
- Make slits on the base of the tomatoes and place them in a large sauce pan.
- Add enough water to immerse them.
- Bring it to boil.
- Cover and cook for ten minutes.
- Switch off flame and let it cool completely.
- Remove the skin of tomatoes and grind it to a fine puree.
- In a saucepan, heat oil and add red chilly and pepper powder. Add crushed garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Add the tomato puree and add salt to taste.
- Cook the puree until it becomes thick to sauce consistency.
- Add crushed basil and oregano, switch off flame and allow the sauce to cool completely. Store it in fridge for 3-4 days.
Making the pizza bread:
- Preheat oven to 250C.
- Bring all the ingredients to room temperature.
- Divide the pizza dough into three.
- Dust the counter generously with flour.
- Roll each portion into a thin disc.
- Place one disc on a lined baking tray.
- Add sauce, apply it evenly and top with grated cheese.
- Now place the next disc on top, repeat sauce and cheese again.
- Place the final disc and make sure that all the three discs are aligned properly.
- Using a knife or a dough scraper, divide the circle into eight equal portions keeping the centre intact.
- Now roll each portion into three or four twists.
- Once all the portions are twisted, sprinkle sesame seeds on top of the bread.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and serve it immediately.
- You can store left over pieces in an airtight box in fridge. Reheat before serving the left overs.
Leave a Reply