Vegan Chocolate Truffle Cake is one of the easiest and tastiest cake you can make. You can either serve it as a simple cake with tea or make it elaborate with toppings and serve for a party. The cake is so fudgy, rich and absolutely delicious.
Vegan Chocolate Truffle Cake – Ingredients
When making vegan cakes, the first and foremost thing is the selection of ingredients. Make sure every ingredient you use is plant based and doesn’t contain any trace of dairy or any other animal product. Choosing the chocolate is also extremely important. Check the ingredients list and see if there is any dairy included. Check and recheck before sourcing it.
Fat – Using vegetable oil gives extremely soft and moist cake. You can also choose to use melted shortening instead of oil. Use same quantity as suggested in recipe.
Milk – There are so many varieties of plant based milk available in market. Choose unflavored and unsweetened one so that it doesn’t affect the final taste. I like to use soy milk or almond milk and they are easily available too. If you prefer to make them at home, you can do it with a little effort.
Making Ganache– Usually ganache requires cream, but you can also use plant based milk to make vegan ganache. You can also use fruit juices, fresh fruit puree instead of cream to make a flavoured ganache. I am keeping it very simple in this recipe.
Chocolate – I found an amazing vegan chocolate from Amazon and I have been using it for all my vegan cakes. You can also get different cocoa percentage, so choose how strong you need your chocolate to be.
Cocoa – Use raw cocoa which doesn’t have any kind of additives in it. It is pure cocoa powder and it is also very flavourful and rich in taste.
This cake turned out so good, that even my chocolate hater hubby loved it. For three days, he had this for his snacks, which is quite unbelievable. So if you are planning this for a crowd, don’t hesitate. Even those who are not much into chocolate will love this and there is no way they will find out that this is began. Everything is so beautiful about this truffle cake.
Vegan Chocolate Truffle Cake – Playing with the sweetness
When using chocolate for the ganache, there are so many cocoa percentage available. If you like slight bitterness, go for higher cocoa percentage 70% or above. If you don’t like your chocolate bitter, then go for 50% or below. I used 70% chocolate which was a perfect match for the sweet chocolate cake. It depends on individual taste. So change the chocolate or increase sugar in cake or decrease sugar in cake. You can easily customise the cake according to your taste.
I have used the same chocolate as I used for ganache for the topping. But again, as I mentioned earlier, it is totally customisable. Use whatever topping you like. Almonds go well with chocolate. Or if you have roasted hazelnuts, use it. Or use vegan choco chips or choco sprinkles. Go creative and create your own masterpiece.
Vegan Chocolate Truffle Cake – Ingredients Used
I will list out the ingredients I have used in the recipe. They are available from Amazon. Click on the name to take you to the Amazon page.
Beginner’s Vegan Decorated Cakes Class
If you are a beginner and would like to know how to make vegan decorated cakes, then look no further. This class has three amazing cakes – Vanilla cake with vegan buttercream, Black Forest Cake and Red Velvet cake with ermine frosting. All the frostings, cake recipes and fillings are vegan and you learn lots and lots of amazing tricks to make your ccake pretty. Click on the image to know more about the class.
Vegan Chocolate Truffle Cake with Chocolate Ganache Recipe
For The Cake:
- 130 gm Maida
- 30 gm Cocoa Powder
- 200 gm Sugar powdered
- ¾ tsp Baking Soda
- ¾ tsp Baking Powder
- 200 ml Soy Milk
- 50 ml Oil
- 2 tsp Vinegar
- 100 ml Boiling Water
- ½ tsp Vanilla
For The Ganache:
- 100 gm Vegan Chocolate
- 50 ml Soy Milk
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Line, grease and dust a 7” round tin and set aside.
- Mix together maida, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and powdered sugar.
- Add vinegar to soy milk and let it curdle.
- Add oil, soy milk and vanilla essence to the flour mix.
- Mix well until the ingredients are combined well.
- Finally add piping hot water and mix well until incorporated.
- Pour the batter in the prepared tin and bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick and if it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Rest it for five minutes on wire rack and then flip the cake on to the wire rack. Remove parchment paper and let it cool completely.
- Meanwhile chop chocolate in a bowl.
- Heat it in double boiler or MW until it melts.
- Heat soy milk separately and add it to the chocolate.
- Mix well until both ingredients are incorporated well and the ganache thickens.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Arrange the cake on a serving plate, pour the entire ganache on top and spread it evenly with a spoon or spatula.
- Sprinkle grated chocolate on top and serve.