Wishing my readers a Very Happy New Year 2021!
Eggless Bundt Cake With Vanilla Glaze is a gorgeous easy to make cake which is perfect to be the centre piece at any party table.
There is so much joking going on about wishing for the new year because last year’s wishes didn’t workout as planned. But let us hope that this year gets better. It is a kind of tradition for me to make a cake every year for New Year. This year, I wanted to keep it simple yet elegant. Bundt cake fit it perfectly.
Recently I got this pan and was itching to try out recipes with it. Baking in Bundt is not as easy as the regular cakes, as it is impossible to line the cake tin with parchment. So it is pretty tough to get the whole cake out of the tin. My first attempt was an absolute disaster. Half of the cake stuck into the pan and I had to tear it out.
So during my second attempt, I was really careful about greasing and dusting the tin. But still when I flipped the pan, I was holding my breath until it came out as a whole cake. What a relief! I will write a separate post on what to do and what not to do while using Bundt pans, but today, let me show you this very simple recipe to make a beautiful cake.
Difference Between regular and Bundt cake
Bundt cakes are normally baked for a longer time than the regular cakes. That makes the crust super crispy and the crumb remains soft. I felt that my condensed milk cake would be a perfect fit for the tin. The first time, I made a whole wheat cake.
But the second time, used maida and made my usual recipe. I added a vanilla butter glaze to the cake, which made it absolutely delicious to taste. I have also ordered for the traditional bundt mould from Amazon. So you will be seeing some amazing Bundt in this place.
Eggless Bundt Cake With Vanilla Glaze – Points to be remembered
Not all recipes are suitable to be baked in a Bundt pan. So make sure you have a proper recipe while baking.
There are so many nooks and corners in a bundt pan. So it is very important to grease it thoroughly. Either use your fingers or use a good pastry brush to apply butter. If using brush, melt the butter and then apply.
Dust the entire tin with maida/ all purpose flour, tap it well so that it sticks to the butter properly. The tapping will also dislodge the extra flour from the tin. Remove it immediately by flipping the tin and tapping it again.
The Bundt pan is higher than a regular round or square tin. So it is better to place the tin on the lowest rack for baking. If placed in middle rack, the top will go very near to the top filament. This will brown the crust very fast.
If at any stage, if you feel the top is getting brown than necessary, use tenting to reduce direct heat. Tenting is nothing but using a foil on top of the tin. This will deflect the direct heat on the top.
Eggless Whole Wheat Vanilla Bundt Cake – Video Recipe
- Flour – 260gm / 2 cups
- Butter-100gm/ 1/2 cup
- Granulated Sugar – 50 gm / 1/4 cup
- Condensed Milk – 400gm / 1 tin
- Baking powder – 2tsp
- Soda-bi-carb / Baking Soda- 1tsp
- ml Milk- 225/ 1 cup + 1 tbs
- Vanilla Extract-1tsp
- For The Vanilla Glaze:
- Icing Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Butter-2 tbs
- Vanilla – A few drops
- Milk – a few tbs
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Apply butter evenly in the pan and dust with maida. Tap and remove excess flour and set it aside.
- Beat butter until fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat until incorporated.
- Add condensed milk and vanilla essence.
- Now in another bowl, mix together maida, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add 1/3rd of milk to the butter mix and beat.
- Add half of the dry mix and beat to combine.
- Repeat milk, flour and milk and combine until 90% mixed.
- Do the final mixing with a silicon spatula until the batter is nice and smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, check with a cake tester and let it sit for ten minutes.
- Place a wire rack on top of the pan, flip it and gently remove the pan.
- Allow the cake to cool completely.
- Mix together icing sugar, vanilla and melted butter.
- Add milk little by little until it reaches spreading consistency.
- Pour the glace on top of the cake and let it set for a while.
- Slice and serve.