As I have mentioned earlier, my daughter and myself are crazy fans of potatoes. So I can make any potato dish without having doubts whether daughter would like it or not. At first I wanted to make all the three savoury bakes with potato, but somehow, I made the bread croutons yesterday. After making the potato wedges, I wanted to make cutlets in oven. The combination of paneer and potato is so good, so I decided to use it for this cutlet. I have kept the flavours majorly Indian. That is why I added kasoori methi in the mixture. I had some bread crumbs which I used to coat the cutlets. As we are using very little oil here, the bread crumbs add so much crispness to the cutlets. But only use it if you have them. Else just bake the cutlets without coating. Another option would be to use semolina / rava for coating. That also would give you nice crispy crust.
I used my cast iron tawa to bake the cutlets. I use cast iron in my oven rarely, but they are good base to bake. The cast iron retains heat and so if you want to bake any dish on high heat, then use a cast iron base for it. It would give you perfect result. The final garnish of lemon, onions and chat masala are mandatory. Do not skip those because they add so much to the taste. Even I tasted these cutlets as I could squeeze them into my diet chart for the day. I thoroughly enjoyed them even without the ketchup. The onions, chat masala and lemon took care of that.
Potato – 150 gm
Paneer – 100 gm
Red Chilly Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – to taste
Kasoori Methi – 1 tbs
Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Onion – 2 tbs
Garam Masala – 1/4 tsp
Oil – 1/4 tsp
Bread Crumbs To Coat
Chaat Masala, Onion and Lemon Wedge For Serving
Wash and pressure cook potatoes.
Cool, peel and mash and set aside.
Preheat oven to 250°C.
In a bowl mix together mashed potatoes, crumbled paneer, red chilly powder, garam masala, salt, kasoori methi, onions and cumin seeds.
Mix together to form a soft dough.
Divide it into 7 equal portions.
Shape each portion into a flat cutlet and place it on bread crumbs to coat it evenly on all sides.
Apply oil on a cast iron tawa or a baking tray and place the cutlets on it.
Bake in the preheated oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until golden.
Sprinkle chat masala on top and serve it with lemon wedge and onions.
Baked Potato Paneer Cutlet Recipe
- Potato - 150 gm
- Paneer - 100 gm
- Red Chilly Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Kasoori Methi - 1 tbs
- Cumin Seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Onion - 2 tbs
- Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
- Oil - 1/4 tsp
- Bread Crumbs To Coat
- Chaat Masala Onion and Lemon Wedge For Serving
- Wash and pressure cook potatoes.
- Cool, peel and mash and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 250°C.
- In a bowl mix together mashed potatoes, crumbled paneer, red chilly powder, garam masala, salt, kasoori methi, onions and cumin seeds.
- Mix together to form a soft dough.
- Divide it into 7 equal portions.
- Shape each portion into a flat cutlet and place it on bread crumbs to coat it evenly on all sides.
- Apply oil on a cast iron tawa or a baking tray and place the cutlets on it.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden.
- Sprinkle chat masala on top and serve it with lemon wedge and onions.