Eggless Oats banana bread is an easy to make teacake perfect for the sweet cravings and is also a guilt free recipe too.
This month at Bread Bakers, our host Pavani asked us to revisit themes and make something which we missed. It gave a nice opportunity to go back and see all those themes which I missed. One theme caught my interest immediately. That is Oats. I have been baking regularly with oats lately and Sruti seems to love them, so I chose to do a quick bread with oats.
As soon as I saw the theme, I selected the recipe and made it the same day. This happened nearly a month back. I love banana breads among quick breads. They are easy to make without eggs and the texture turns out amazing every time. These are best for breakfast too.
I made it early morning and Sruti took it as her snack. She doesn’t take the bakes for just her snacks but also for her friends. So the whole bread went and the empty box came back. And the review was fantastic. What more can I ask for? I made this bread in the smallest loaf tin I had, but still the bread filled only half the tin. So use your smallest tin and fill the tin to 3/4th.
This bread doesn’t rise much, but the texture is so good. This is a dense bread full of banana flavour. The top is nice and crunchy while the crumb is soft. You can also use choco chips to top this bread. Next time I will add choco chips and I am sure my daughter would love it. You can also make muffins out of this batter. You might get 4- 5 large muffins.
Here is another version of the same bread with eggs. They both are equally delicious. If you don’t mind eggs, then do try this recipe. This one is amazing. Click on the image to read the recipe.
Oats Banana Bread Recipe
- 1/3 cup Oats
- 1/3 cup Wheat Flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 medium Banana 1/4 cup, mashed
- 2 tbs Ghee
- 2 tbs Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Grease and line a small loaf tin.
- Mash the banana and add brown sugar.
- Mix well.
- Add ghee and whisk until all the ingredients are combined.
- Now add milk and mix.
- In a separate bowl combine oats, wheat flour and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add this to the banana mix and mix to for a thick batter.
- Pour this in the prepared tin and sprinkle a little oats on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden.
- Remove the loaf from the tin and cool on wire rack. Slice it up and serve.