This month’s Bread Bakers host Stacy wanted us to bake gluten free breads. As I am on low carb, gluten free diet, it was time I made a bread for myself. Usually rice flour and millet flour are used as gluten free flours, but in a low carb diet, these are out of our list. So we need to use either almond flour or coconut flour.
The group I am part of doesn’t encourage us in using almond flour in recipes. Almonds need to be consumed as it is and no other ingredient is combined along with almonds. So I usually use coconut flour in recipes. Coconut flour is a highly absorbent flour and while it is used as a substitute for flour, you need only 1/3 part of it. That is if one cup of flour is used in a recipe, then you need only 1/3 cup of coconut flour instead. And the best binding for coconut flour is egg.
Many of you will surely ask for egg free options, but I haven’t experimented on egg free recipes in low carb diet. As I am fine with the addition of eggs, I didn’t get any chance for experimenting. So if you need an egg free recipe, you need to start experimenting. Making a savoury bread has been in my to do list for long, but as I mentioned earlier, I make any recipe only if the need arises. Otherwise I stick to a very basic simple diet. Today’s bread is so flavourful with garlic, rosemary and onion flakes in the batter. Serve it with some delicious garlic butter, I am sure you would love it. I used garlic powder and onion flakes to make it easier, but if you don’t have then, then mince fresh onion and garlic and use them instead. It would be really full of flavour. The bread is dense but absolutely yum. I loved it with the garlic butter.
For The Bread:
Coconut Flour – 1/3 cup
Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
Onion Flakes – 1/2 tsp
Garlic Powder – 1 tsp
Dried Rosemary – 1 tsp
Pink Salt – 1/4 tsp
Egg – 3
Butter – 1/4 cup, melted
For Garlic Butter:
Butter – 3 tbs
Garlic Powder – 1/2 tsp
Dried Basil – 1/2 tsp
Salt – a pinch
For The Garlic Butter:
Mix butter, garlic powder, salt and basil.
Transfer to a serving bowl.
For The Bread:
Preheat oven to 175°C.
In a bowl mix together coconut flour, salt, garlic powder, onion flakes, rosemary, baking powder and garlic powder.
In another bowl mix together eggs and melted butter until they are combined thoroughly.
Add the dry ingredients and mix to form a smooth thick batter.
Line and grease a small loaf tin and pour the batter inside.
Top with more rosemary.
Bake in preheated oven for 25 – 30 minutes.
Remove from oven and remove the bread along with the lining paper to a wire rack.
Once warm, remove the lining paper, slice it up and serve with garlic butter.
Low Carb Coconut Flour Garlic Rosemary Bread - #BreadBakers
- For The Bread:
- Coconut Flour - 1/3 cup
- Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Onion Flakes - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic Powder - 1 tsp
- Dried Rosemary - 1 tsp
- Pink Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Egg - 3
- Butter - 1/4 cup melted
- For Garlic Butter:
- Butter-3 tbs
- Garlic Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Dried Basil - 1/2 tsp
- Salt-a pinch
- For The Garlic Butter:
- Mix butter, garlic powder, salt and basil.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- For The Bread:
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- In a bowl mix together coconut flour, salt, garlic powder, onion flakes, rosemary, baking powder and garlic powder.
- In another bowl mix together eggs and melted butter until they are combined thoroughly.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix to form a smooth thick batter.
- Line and grease a small loaf tin and pour the batter inside.
- Top with more rosemary.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and remove the bread along with the lining paper to a wire rack.
- Once warm, remove the lining paper, slice it up and serve with garlic butter.
- Coconut Flour Pancakes from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Gluten Free Cheddar Garlic Biscuits from What Smells So Good?
- Gluten-Free Petite Vanilla Bean Scones from All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Idli – Steamed Sourdough Rice and Lentil Buns from Sneha’s Recipe
- Japanese Rice Crackers from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Low Carb Garlic Rosemary Bread from Gayathri’s Cook Spot
- Pan de Yuca from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Pão de Queijo – Brazilian Cheese Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Quinoa Chia Multiseed Bread (Vegan ~ Gluten Free ~ Dairy Free) from CookWithRenu
- Spicy Besan and Fenugreek Crackers (GF and Vegan) from Sizzling Tastebuds
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.