Low carb coconut cheese crackers are one of the snack recipes suitable for paleo diet. Usually crackers are made with all purpose flour, but as I wanted to make something low carb for my snack option, I searched and came across these wonderful crackers. Coconut flour has become my favourite nowadays. It is less in carbs and gives a nice binding in recipes. And even 1 or 2 tsp or tbs is enough for a single meal is really good.
For me these crackers were too good on the day I made them, but hubby liked it even after a week. We are so deprived on crunchy snacks, that this was so wonderful to have with a cup of coffee. As it has cream cheese, mozzarella and coconut flour, it is better to have one or two during cravings. it also tastes good with a little bit of cream cheese dip. The original recipe used cheddar cheese, but as I had mozzarella, I used it. Next time I will try using cheddar and see what difference it makes. There are so many cracker recipes I have tried so far and you can see them at my recipe index section if you are interested. Check out where to buy cheese and coconut flour.
Makes 40 crackers
Grated Mozzarella Cheese – 2 cups
Cream Cheese – 1/4 cup
Egg – 1
Coconut Flour – 1/2 cup
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Sweet Paprika – 1/2 tsp
Preheat oven to 200°C.
In a bowl mix together all the ingredients to form a smooth dough.
Pat it into a rectangular shape on a parchment paper.
Place another paper on top and roll it into a 1/4″ thick rectangle.
With a pizza cutter or knife slice it into 1.5″ squares. Using a fork poke some holes on the crackers.
Remove the uneven dough on the outer edges, reshape, re roll and slice to form squares.
Arrange all the squares on a lined baking tray.
Bake for 10 minutes.
Rotate tray and bake for another 10 minutes until golden.
Remove from oven and allow them to cool completely before storing in air tight jar.
Low Carb Coconut Cheese Crackers Recipe - #BreadBakers
- Grated Mozzarella Cheese - 2 cups
- Cream Cheese - 1/4 cup
- Egg - 1
- Coconut Flour - 1/2 cup
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Sweet Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- In a bowl mix together all the ingredients to form a smooth dough.
- Pat it into a rectangular shape on a parchment paper.
- Place another paper on top and roll it into a 1/4" thick rectangle.
- With a pizza cutter or knife slice it into 1.5" squares. Using a fork poke some holes on the crackers.
- Remove the uneven dough on the outer edges, reshape, re roll and slice to form squares.
- Arrange all the squares on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Rotate tray and bake for another 10 minutes until golden.
- Remove from oven and allow them to cool completely before storing in air tight jar.
March 2018: Crackers
Enjoy the diversity of cracker recipes this month!
- Coconut Cheese Crackers from Gayathri’s Cook Spot
- Crispy Homemade Cheddar Crackers from Palatable Pastime
- Dried Fruit Crackers from Cook’s Hideout
- Easy Homemade Oyster Crackers from Food Lust People Love
- Freshly Baked Methi Crackers from The Mad Scientist’s Kitchen
- Garlicky Chickpea Flour Crackers from Ambrosia
- Parmesan Herb Crackers from Spill the Spices
- Sourdough Crackers with Chilli and Garlic from Sonlicious
- Sourdough Crackers with Gruyère and Thyme from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Spicy Popcorn Crisps from What Smells So Good?
- Spicy Potato Crackers from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Sweet & Savory Crackers from All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Vegan Herbed Crackers from Sizzling Tastebuds
- Vegan Whole Wheat Crackers from Sneha’s Recipe
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.