Here comes another week in the monthly BM and for this week, I chose an interesting theme – Casseroles. Believe me, I haven’t made casseroles till now. That is why I picked the theme so that I can try some recipes for my paleo diet. The recipes I went through for casseroles were loaded with white sauce and cheese. I can do with cheese, but white sauce is made with flour, so I couldn’t use it. I was searching for a flour less option when I read about cream cheese sauce. Unfortunately I didn’t have cream cheese also. But being a food blogger form more than seven years, I can improvise with any ingredient at hand. As part of the diet, I won’t eat curd or hung curd. But I can safely eat cream and cream based products. So I usually stock my fridge with hung curd made entirely of cream. It is so rich and creamy to taste and that was what came to my mind when I was thinking of white sauce. This was an experiment with ingredients and I was so happy when it turned out so good. Tomorrow I will also add a paleo white sauce. But wait for that.
I usually count my macros and for the day I was to take 100 gm of paneer. So I did some calculations and came up with this recipe. I will give you a recipe from which you can make this dish with 200 gm of paneer but I made it in a small ramekin just for me. It was my dinner yesterday and I so loved it. I also had some cucumber slices along with it. It is such an amazing combination of flavours. You can absolutely taste the fusion here. You need to try this to believe what I am talking about. That yellow chilly powder I added on top really made the dish flavourful. If you don’t have it don’t worry, go for the usual red chilly powder.
Paneer – 200 gm
Hung Curd (made with Amul Cream) – 1/4 cup
Amul Low Fat Cream – 1/4 cup
Garlic Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt and Pepper – to taste
Paleo Tomato Sauce (click for recipe) – 1/4 cup
Yellow Chilly Powder – 1/2 tsp
Cheddar Cheese – 1/4 cup (grated)
Preheat oven to 200°C.
In a bowl combine together hung curd, cream, salt and pepper.
In a glass dish pour half the tomato sauce. Add half the cubed paneer on top and top t with half the curd mix.
Add a few sprinkling of cheese and repeat the layers once again.
Top the whole casserole with remaining cheese and sprinkle yellow chilly powder on top.
Bake this in the preheated oven for 20 minutes on middle rack and 10 minutes on upper rack.
Serve it piping hot straight out of oven.
Creamy Paneer Yogurt Casserole Recipe
- Paneer - 200 gm
- Hung Curd - 1/4 cup made with Amul Cream
- Amul Low Fat Cream - 1/4 cup
- Garlic Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt and Pepper - to taste
- Paleo Tomato Sauce - 1/4 cup click for recipe
- Yellow Chilly Powder - 1/2 tsp
- cup Cheddar Cheese - 1/4 grated
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- In a bowl combine together hung curd, cream, salt and pepper.
- In a glass dish pour half the tomato sauce. Add half the cubed paneer on top and top t with half the curd mix.
- Add a few sprinkling of cheese and repeat the layers once again.
- Top the whole casserole with remaining cheese and sprinkle yellow chilly powder on top.
- Bake this in the preheated oven for 20 minutes on middle rack and 10 minutes on upper rack.
- Serve it piping hot straight out of oven.