For the second day of single serve dishes, I am here with one more easy breezy preparation of tawa pulao. Nowadays, I am always left with myself at noon and I hate to cook just for me. Either I cook rice and finish with curd and pickle or eat what I made for breakfast. But after selecting this theme, I made this just for me. But still I would go back to curd and pickle after this week.
Tawa pulao can be made with left over rice if making for single serve. That is what I did. It is very easy to make and tastes wonderful. Here is a simple version of tawa pulao which can be made within 15 minutes, if you have cooked rice at hand. I ate it with some carrot slices, but if you are making an elaborate meal, then make raitha to go with it. It would be great. As this is single serve, I am using 1 cup of cooked rice. But it still depends upon the person who is going to taste it. For some one with a heavy appetite, this may not be enough. So plan accordingly and add the other ingredients to proportion.
Cooked Rice – 1 cup
Oil – 1 tsp
Onion – 1, small
Carrot – 1, small
Potato – 1, small, boiled, peeled and cubed
Ginger- a small piece
Garlic – 1 pod
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt -to taste
Pav Bhaji Masala – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilly Powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 1 tbs
In a kadai/ tawa, heat oil.
Add onion and saute until it changes colour.
Add crushed garlic and grated ginger and saute for a minute.
Add in cooked potato and cubed carrot.
Add turmeric powder, salt, pav bhaji masala and red chilly powder.
Sprinkle a little water, cover and cook until the carrots are soft.
Finally mix the cooked rice, add coriander leaves and serve it hot.
Tawa Pulao Recipe
- Cooked Rice - 1 cup
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1 small
- Carrot - 1 small
- Potato - 1 small, boiled, peeled and cubed
- Ginger- a small piece
- Garlic - 1 pod
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt -to taste
- Pav Bhaji Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Leaves - 1 tbs
- In a kadai/ tawa, heat oil.
- Add onion and saute until it changes colour.
- Add crushed garlic and grated ginger and saute for a minute.
- Add in cooked potato and cubed carrot.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, pav bhaji masala and red chilly powder.
- Sprinkle a little water, cover and cook until the carrots are soft.
- Finally mix the cooked rice, add coriander leaves and serve it hot.