For the second day of Breakfast dishes,we travel to America. As an Indian, I could never wrap my head around the concept of having sweet dishes for breakfast (except appam and idiyappam) but when I searched for American breakfast, I came across so many sweet dishes like quick breads, muffins, pancakes and so on. As muffins can be made in a jiffy, I selected to make a muffin. As you know I made a jar of home made peanut butter last week, I wanted to use it in the muffin. So I chose to do a peanut butter muffin with lots of chocolate chips.
I have discussed the difference between muffins and cup cakes in my Choco Chip Muffins recipe. Muffins need no creaming and are pretty easy to mix. And for this muffins, I skipped maida and used a combination of wheat flour and oats. The only change I would do next time is to add an extra 1/4 cup of flour to the batter. As you can see, the muffins slightly had a dip in the centre and lacked the beautiful dome. But the taste was so nice. The crust was crispy and the flesh was so soft and moist. For replacing eggs, I used the home made egg replacer. Sorry to keep you all waiting. But will surely share the recipe next week.
Makes 15 Muffins
Home made Peanut Butter – 2/3 cup
Vanilla Essence-1 tsp
Wheat Flour-1 1/4 cup
Quick Oats-1/2 cup
Granulated Sugar – 3/4 cup
Baking Powder-1 tsp
Baking Soda-1/2 tsp
Home Made Egg Replacer-1 tbs ( use instead of two eggs)
Choco Chips-1 cup
Preheat oven to 180°C.
In a bowl mix together wheat flour, oats, egg replacer, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
In another bowl combine peanut butter, milk and vanilla.
Make a well in the centre of dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients.
Mix gently with a spoon until incorporated.
Add choco chips and mix.
Line a muffin tin with paper liners and divide the batter between them.
Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out with moist crumbs.
[inlinkz_linkup id=533218 mode=1]
Eggless Peanut Butter Choco Chips Muffins
- Home made Peanut Butter - 2/3 cup
- Milk-1 cup
- Vanilla Essence-1 tsp
- Wheat Flour-1 1/4 cup
- Quick Oats-1/2 cup
- Granulated Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Baking Powder-1 tsp
- Baking Soda-1/2 tsp
- tbs Home Made Egg Replacer-1 use instead of two eggs
- Choco Chips-1 cup
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl mix together wheat flour, oats, egg replacer, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- In another bowl combine peanut butter, milk and vanilla.
- Make a well in the centre of dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients.
- Mix gently with a spoon until incorporated.
- Add choco chips and mix.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners and divide the batter between them.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out with moist crumbs.
- Serve warm.