Before going into details, I would like to tell you something important. I am experimenting with email subscribing and there is an offer for all of you who subscribe for my newsletter. It is absolutely free to subscribe. Just fill out your name and mail id on the side bar of my blog and submit. You will get a confirmation mail along with a link to my ebook for free. Avail the opportunity. I am planning on sending a free ebook every month to all my newsletter subscribers. So don’t miss out the chance.
Eggless Red Velvet Cake Recipe
- Flour-1 1/4 cups
- Salt-1/2 tsp
- Sugar-1/2 cup
- Butter-1/2 cup
- Curd-3/4 cup
- Cocoa Powder-1/2 tbs
- Red Food Colour-3/4 tbs
- Vanilla Essence-1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda-1/2 tsp
- Vinegar-1/2 tbs
- Boiled Flour Butter Cream - one batch
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- In a bowl mix together salt and flour.
- In another small bowl mix together cocoa powder and food colour.
- In another bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the food colour cocoa paste and beat until incorporated.
- Mix the curd in the food colour bowl so that it incorporates all the colour in the bowl (this is just to make sure that all the colour goes into the cake)
- Add it to the butter mixture along with vanilla essence.
- Beat until incorporated.
- Now add the flour mixture and beat to combine.
- Grease and line two 6" cake pans and keep them ready.
- In a small bowl take the baking soda and mix vinegar.
- It will become frothy.
- Add it immediately to the batter and beat until incorporated. The dough will become fluffy.
- Divide batter between the tins.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Flip on the cooling rack, remove the lining paper and allow them to cool completely before decorating with the frosting.
[inlinkz_linkup id=502788 mode=1]