For this week’s Bake Along from Fondbites, Subhashini selected some bread rolls with surprises. There were 5 types of rolls she shared with us and two of those had cheese in them. One was left plain and the other stuffed with minced meat. And the final one which I chose was with Italian Seasoning. Actually I thought of skipping this challenge and during afternoon I got a message from Subhashini saying that I am one of the consistent bakers of the group having posted four challenges in a row. So I didn’t want to miss out this challenge and I set to work on these rolls at 3pm. The rolls were ready by 4:30pm.
These rolls are quite spicy. I did some changes to the recipe, added some extra spices and made the rolls very hot and spicy. The only thing I missed was some cheese dip. When the rolls were baking in the oven, my house was filled with the wonderful aroma of garlic and spices and I remembered the Garlic bread we ordered during a Blogger’s meet. The rolls had crispy crust and soft crumb and they were absolutely delicious. Just have a dip at the side and you will be happy!!
Recipe Source: Fondbites
Makes 12 small clover rolls
Flour/ Maida-1 1/2 cups
Instant Yeast-1/2 tbs
Olive Oil-1 tbs
Garlic Powder-1 tbs
Italian Seasoning- 1 tbs
Red Chilly Flakes-1 tsp
Luke Warm Water-1/2 cup
1. In a bowl mix all the ingredient except water.
2. Add water and knead a slightly sticky dough.
3. Transfer dough to counter and knead for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
4. In a bowl apply oil, place the dough inside and rotate it to coat it with oil.
5. Cover with cling wrap and allow it to double for 1 hour.
6. Transfer dough to counter, remove air and shape it into a rectangle.
7. Divide it into 12 equal portions.
8. Divide each portion into 3 equal parts.
9. Shape them into balls and place three balls in a muffin mould.
10. Likewise repeat with the remaining 11 portions.
11. Cover and set aside for 15 minutes.
12. Preheat oven to 200°C.
13. Brush the rolls with milk and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
14. Remove from oven and serve hot with a dip or sauce.
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
Add water and make sticky dough.
Knead for 10 minutes.
Allow it to double.
Roll it into a rectangle and divide into 12 portions.
Divide each portion into three balls.
Place three balls in a muffin mould to form a clover pattern.
Allow it to double. Give a milk wash and bake in preheated oven.
Remove when golden.
They had crispy crust and soft crumb.