Citric Acid-1/2 tsp
Condensed Milk-1 tin / 400 gm
Full Cream Milk-2 cups
Milk Powder-300 gm
Cardamom Powder-1/2 tsp
Saffron- a generous pinch
Pistachios and Silver Leaf for topping
1. Boil milk in a large container.
2. Mix citric acid with 1/4 cup of water.
3. Add it to milk when it starts boiling.
4. Switch off flame and wait until the milk curdles completely.
5. Line a sieve with cotton and pour the curdled milk into it.
6. Cover and set aside until the water is fully drained.
7. Now in a food processor, add the drained paneer, condensed milk and milk powder along with 1 1/2 cups of milk.
8. Run the processor until all the ingredients are completely incorporated.
9. Now pour this into a heavy bottomed pan.
10. Soak saffron in a tbs of warm milk for 10 minutes.
11. Add it to the remaining 1/2 cup milk and mix.
12. Add this saffron infused milk and cardamom powder to the pan. Mix thoroughly.
13. Heat this mixture on low flame. You need a lot of muscle power now.
14. Never leave it for even a second. Keep on stirring.
15. Add ghee by table spoons at regular intervals.
16. Keep on stirring until the mixture becomes very thick and does not stick to the finger when touched.
17. Grease a plate or a tray with ghee.
18. Transfer the thick dough like mixture into the tray and pat it make the surface smooth. you can also use the back of a ladle to smooth out the top.
19. Run the pistachios in mixer until coarse.
20. Scatter it evenly on top and press to embed.
21. Apply silver leaf on top and allow it to cool completely.
22. Slice into small squares, remove from tray and store in air tight jar.
23. Keep it refrigerated.